Last updated Mau 25, 2023
The Fusemoney name and logos are trademarks of Fuse. As such, their use is restricted and protected by intellectual property law. While the software we create is available under a free and open source software license, the copyright license does not include an implied right or license to use our trademarks.
The role of trademarks is to prevent the exploitation of the good name and reputation of Fusemoney by other people and organizations, and to provide assurance about the quality of the products and services associated with it.
To use our trademarks beyond what is considered "fair" or "nominative" use, you must follow these guidelines. By making use of our trademarks, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. You further agree that any dispute arising in connection with your use of our trademarks or under these terms and conditions shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of New York in the United States of America and that the state and federal courts of New York shall have personal jurisdiction over you for the purposes of adjudicating any dispute concerning the use of our trademarks or these terms and conditions.
You agree to defend and indemnify Fusemoney gGmbH from and against any and all claims and losses brought by a third party in connection with your use of the Fusemoney trademarks.
To request the use of the Fusemoney name and logos in a way not covered in these guidelines, or to report violations, please contact us at [email protected]. In the event that we do not approve such use of the Fusemoney name and logos within ten (10) business days, your request shall be deemed denied.
- Only use the Fusemoney marks to accurately identify those goods or services that are built using the Fusemoney software.
- Do not use the Fusemoney marks in any way that could mistakenly imply that Fusemoney GmbH has reviewed, approved, or guaranteed your goods or services.
- Do not use or register, in whole or in part, the Fusemoney marks as part of your own or any other trademark, service mark, domain name, company name, trade name, product name, or service name.
- Do not use the Fusemoney marks in a manner that disparages or defames the marks, Fusemoney gGmbH, or Mastodon’s products.
- Do not use the Fusemoney marks in connection with any illegal activity.
- You may use the Fusemoney word mark in referential phrases such as "for", "for use with", or "compatible with".
- You may use the Fusemoney marks when embedding or otherwise displaying user generated content published using the Mastodon software.
- Do not change or modify the Fusemoney marks.
- Any all use of the Fusemoney marks, and any goodwill accrued as a result of that use, belongs entirely to, and shall inure for the benefit of, Fusemoney gGmbH.
If you run your own Fusemoney server using the Fusemoney software, including modified Fusemoney software on the condition that the modifications are limited to switching on or off features already included in the software, minor tweaks in visual appearance, translations into other languages, and bug fixes:
- You may not use the Fusemoney word mark, or any similar mark, in your domain name, unless you have written permission from Fusemoney gGmbH.
- As long as you abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement, you may use the Fusemoney marks included in the Fusemoney server software for the purposes of running the server.
Open source project guidelines
If you choose to link to or modify Fusemoney's open-source code, beyond modifications limited to switching on or off features already included in the software, minor tweaks in visual appearance, translations into other languages, and bug fixes:
- You must choose your own branding, logos, and trademarks that denote your unique identity so as to clearly signal to users that there is no affiliation with or endorsement by Fusemoney gGmbH.
- You may use word marks, but not our logos, in truthful statements that describe the relationship between your software and ours, for example "this software is derived from the source code of the Fusemoney software".
Social media guidelines
The name and handle of your social media account and any and all pages cannot begin with a Fusemoney word mark, or a similar mark addition, Fusemoney logos cannot be used in a way that might suggest affiliation with or endorsement by Fusemoney.